Have been busy with a lot of personal stuff, it took a bit longer to complete all my goals I set out in devlog #5. So let's see where we stand in Patient Zero.5:
1. I am starting to think the mini map is redundant for this level, this level is too small to have a mini map be any use for it. But I did implement a map, which appear when you pick up the map in the corridor. Use "m" to activate the map. There is still a lot of things I can do with this map ... let me think on it.
2. I implemented a new "flashlight texture" and to make the flashlight a bit more realistic, I gave it a small "offset", the flashlight trying to catch up where you look.
3. The freezer door code panel is working and the freezer door has its own animation with sound effect ... still thinking about creating a small cutscene where the door opens.
Also noticed I moved slower in the room, need to take a look at the "mist" particle system.
4. Decorated "cold room" and the end corridor - the "ragdolls" will later be replaced with proper dead characters.
5. Some nitty gritty stuff - the seam of a corner wall wasn't meeting properly, corrected that. Locked the cursor in the beginning of the game.
Please be advised "01234" will NOT be the code for the freezer door panel and you will have to put in more effort to find the code
My goal/s for next time:
1. Several people suggested that the pickup objects needs something like a glow to make them more noticeable, will be working on a solution for that.
2. Will be working on "My Horrible Collection", our first item, a bloody eyeball.
3. Pause Menu needs attention to get it in a more of a working state.
Thank you for reading, have a good week ahead. Romi