C# Survival Guide

• Hey team,

I was wondering where I could find the assets for section 2 lecture 11. The exploding box. I am a pro member now and was wondering if I could get that. I know I don't need that asset to learn the lecture. Just want to play with it a wee bit. Thank!8o

Never have I felt so close to another soul, And yet so helplessly alone,

As when I Google an error, And there's one result, A thread by someone

With the same problem, And no answer,

Last Post 2003 . . .

• First want to say again thank you! The asset that you gave is awesome, but just so you know if you do give this asset to the Udemy users there is big difference in the one you gave me and the one in the video. Not that its huge deal but me in my noobness was not able to follow along with the video and the asset. Again, thank you and I am totally not complaining and just wanted you to know. Keep up the good work!

Last Post 2003 . . .

• When I get home later Ill send some screen shots.

Last Post 2003 . . .

• Hope this helps. I think the prefab is the difference. Again, supper noob here. I'm sure there is a way to use what you gave me. The part that seemed different was you have to double click the prefab you gave me and add the script there. which made it instantiate two wood crates, one solid and one fractured. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong please.

• My man! Thanks I figured it was just my noobness.

Last Post 2003 . . .

• Hey team,

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but the crate asset is different in the video than the one in the file base. If you follow section 2 lecture 11 Johnathan deletes the fractured crate. If you do that in Unity 2018.3.4f1 it deletes it complete from the "Crate" prefab (even if you open the prefab to edit it). In the video he has in the hierarchy solid crate and fractured crate. I see Crate>Solid_Crate>Breakable_Crate. I always end up with two objects in two different places. Can someone confirm this or am I just going crazy? It sort of works but the Breakable_Crate will crack as soon as you hit play. It will blow if you hit space, but its not right. You do need the asset to work to learn properly and towards the end with the explosion it really needs to work. I'm just trying to be as diligent as I can be with learning all this. Even in Johnathan's project view it goes as follows . . . Crate>Crate1.fbm>Solid_Crate.fbm>Fractured_Crate>Solid_Crate. The one I have goes . . . Crate>fbx>Material>Prefabe>>Crate>tex. I just want to get how the code and the asset work as a whole. Thanks Ya'll!!!

Last Post 2003 . . .

• I think I get what you're talking about. So first, drop in your prefab. Then Right click and unpack the wooden crate parent in heirarchy. Then you can edit solid and breakable crate objects. Unfold the breakable crate, select all of the cube fracture parts and in inspector, delete rigid bodies and mesh colliders. Then make sure solid and breakable crate share the same position. Then in his tutorial, he'll have you add in the rigid bodies and such. We leave it in because once you do get this figured out, its' just easier to give the asset ready to go game wise then to give folks elements. Hope this helps.

• Roger that! I'll leave it at that and move on. Thanks for your help!

Last Post 2003 . . .

• I think I get what you're talking about. So first, drop in your prefab. Then Right click and unpack the wooden crate parent in heirarchy. Then you can edit solid and breakable crate objects. Unfold the breakable crate, select all of the cube fracture parts and in inspector, delete rigid bodies and mesh colliders. Then make sure solid and breakable crate share the same position. Then in his tutorial, he'll have you add in the rigid bodies and such. We leave it in because once you do get this figured out, its' just easier to give the asset ready to go game wise then to give folks elements. Hope this helps.

The unpack was the key! Thanks Al for being patient with me.

Last Post 2003 . . .

• Yeah that makes sense. If you don't know that though its frustrating. The more you know the more you grow! Thanks again.

Last Post 2003 . . .