This course and its creator are not affiliated with, maintained, endorsed or sponsored by Unity Technologies or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial course.
This course is authorized by, and made in partnership with, Maxon, creators of Cinema 4D
If you are interested in developing amazing, commercial quality game art on a variety of platforms, then you've come to the right place. This course is the only one of its kind that is approved by Maxon on Udemy. What better way to learn how to develop game art in Cinema 4D than with their authorized course? "Learn to Create 3D Character Art with Cinema 4D" introduces you to Cinema 4D (C4D), a very popular 3D program, used in advertising, design, architecture, movies, the commercial VFX industry, broadcasting, motion graphics, and now, games and visualization. This course dives into creating your first 3D character using all of the amazing tools provided inside the standard version of C4D.
In this Cinema 4D course, you will:
- Build a custom 3D character
- Unwrap the character’s UV channel using C4D’s UV mapping tools
- Paint our characters in 2D and 3D modes simultaneously using Bodypaint
- Paint on individual channels separately to achieve a high level of accuracy
- Use the new sculpting features to apply high-polygon sculpting data while maintaining our low-poly game character
- Customize hair on our game character
- Rig, weight, and animate using Mixamo
- Deliver our character in an optimized state into Unity using FBX tools in C4D
- And more!
This authorized Cinema 4D course also includes a handful of interactive challenges, (new content added frequently) where you can test your knowledge with concepts you've just learned. These challenges will be a great way to review the techniques discussed and help ensure that complicated techniques such as UV Unwrapping, Sculpting, and Bodypaint are easily grasped and become second nature. By the end of this course, you will bring this character into Unity, apply its materials and animations, and press play to see your game character come to life.
Learn to Create 3D Character Art with Cinema 4D 1.0 (Oct 10th 2018)